Wednesday, January 18, 2012

SOPA. PIPA. Santorum. Internet.

PONDER THIS SCENARIO:

I post an entry on my blog at blogspot.com and in my post I *defend* Rick Santorum against attacks by radical-left anarchists who are slandering his family and stealing a third party's copyrighted material to accuse him of being a closet queer. I include a hyperlink in my blog entry showing you where the specific web site is and I ask you to contact the owners of the web site is to ask them to stop using material they do not own in their quest to slander Mr Santorum's family. I ask you to focus simply on the known public facts, such as how Mr Santorum is obsessed with gay sex, and I exhort you to draw your own conclusions on why this is so. Santorum's campaign staffers discover the slanderous material; while looking on the Internet they also find my blog entry linking to it. If SOPA and PIPA are the law of the land at this point, then the federal government will have the authority to shut down:

1) the slanderous web site to which I linked in my blog entry
2) my blog which was arguing against copyright infringement
3) Blogspot for providing me with my blog space
4) Google for providing links to Blogspot
5) Twitter for allowing me to post a link to my blog entry
6) Facebook for allowing me to post a link to my blog entry
7) YOUR blog for any response that includes a link to my blog

Is this really what you want? Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment