Tuesday, June 24, 2014

One Year Ago Today

ONE YEAR AGO TODAY.
24 JUNE 2013.

I should be writing a long essay about the changes I made in my life last Spring that led up to the surgery I had on 24 June 2013. I should be writing a long essay about how I may have lost 175 pounds but I still refuse to support fat-shaming. I should be writing a long essay about how I have never felt better in my life and that my health has shown clear and incontrovertible signs of radical improvement. I should be writing a long essay about how I felt on graduation day and how my success with gastric-bypass surgery served me so well that day (and how good I looked in my graduation pictures).

But when it comes right down to it, I really cannot come up with words to adequately express how I feel. There is only one way I can adequately express my feelings about what this one-year surgiversary is, and that is to quote someone else's words.

Praise the Lord!
Praise God in His sanctuary;
Praise Him in His mighty firmament!
Praise Him for His mighty acts;
Praise Him according to His excellent greatness!
Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet;
Praise Him with the lute and harp!
Praise Him with the timbrel and dance;
Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes!
Praise Him with loud cymbals;
Praise Him with clashing cymbals!
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord!
-Psalm 150 [NKJV]

No comments:

Post a Comment